Myths about online casinos

Myths about online casinos
October 26, 2022 0 Comments

How slot machines work is a topic that gets asked a lot here. New ones appear all the time, but some often recur. They are so common that they have occurred to most gamers at least once. Many of the misconceptions on this list date back to the days before the Internet was widely used in real casino rooms. As a result, they may have had a grain of truth then. Let’s take a look at some of the most common misconceptions about slot machines, as things have thankfully changed from the wild west era.

Myth #1: How can you be so sure that slot machines are not safe?

slot machines are not safe

All casino games must be approved by independent testing organizations to guarantee they are unbiased and comply with regional regulations. These organizations will replay millions of spins, test the RNG, and thoroughly review every aspect of the game.

The iGaming industry employs (and employs) tens of thousands of people. It is extremely unlikely that such a large number of people would have been able to remain silent for so long about a massive conspiracy. Such a conspiracy would not only be unbelievable but also a serious crime. When it would be pointless to “cheat” the games, no rational corporation would take the chance. This brings us to the RTP part below.

Slot machines are designed to give the casino a small percentage advantage. Return to Player is a metric that represents the true edge (RTP) of a given position. Each slot machine has its own unique RTP, so one that has an RTP of 95% will return 95% of players’ bets, with the casino keeping the remaining 5%. This guarantees that the casino will make a profit in the long run no matter what happens. As a result, there is no need to “trick” a machine or casino by committing a crime, endangering its name and image.

Myth #2: New games are better than old games

New games are better

This is another recurring myth that we often come across on various forums and is a little harder to disprove. even more new slots

Given that it would have to undergo certification again, changing the game’s RTP would be expensive and time-consuming, but there is no reason to believe that the game’s variance cannot be changed. Reducing the frequency of large wins while increasing the frequency of smaller wins, for example, would keep the RTP the same while making it harder for players to get wins they would consider worth withdrawing. As far as we know, the game developer can make such changes without any obstacles (correct us if we’re wrong).

There’s also the concept of ‘cash flow’, which some people use to explain why they believe that time slots early in their life cycle perform better than later. This idea suggests that new games win more often because they attract more players, which increases turnover. Even if it makes sense, the odds shouldn’t change based on how long the game has been on the market.

Finally, there are several unanswered questions about the maximum win limit. However, depending on where you play, we know for sure that these games are often limited far below their maximum potential. Some game providers offer winnings of up to 50,000 times your bet. Regardless of where you play, we think it should be very clear what the highest possible maximum win is for a given slot.

Having said that, we must reiterate the need to play at reputable casinos and stick with trusted game developers. This also means using casinos that are managed by reliable licensing agencies. Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC), Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC), Gibraltar Licensing Authority (GLA), Danish Gambling Authority and Swedish Gambling Authority are some examples of reputable licensing authorities.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *